CERTIFICATIONS FOR POWDERS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
Powders are just condensed (dehydrated) food; the concentration is far stronger.
Example: It takes 30 lbs of wheatgrass to produce 1 lb of wheatgrass juice powder
In other words – chemicals on 30 lbs of fresh ingredients get condensed into 1 lb of powder
WE ARE CERTIFIED ORGANIC
We are certified Organic by the US Department of Agriculture and SCS Global Services
Don’t be fooled...
- If a company says “organic” or “made with organic ingredients”, it only has to be 70% organic to comply with food labeling laws. So 30% of the ingredients could be pesticide filled ingredients!
- Companies may makeup their own badges to try to make you think there is some 3rd party who is monitoring. Only the USDA badge is official. Badges like these may seem legit, but they are all totally made up.
WE ARE NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED
We are Non-GMO Verified by the Non-GMO Project
If something is Certified Organic, isn’t it also Non-GMO?
Not necessarily. The Non-GMO project verification is extremely stringent. Their reviews go far deeper on genetically modified foods than the USDA Organic Certification.
Don’t be fooled...
- The Non-GMO Project is the only organization offering independent verification of testing and GMO controls for products in the US and Canada.
- Many products claim to be Non-GMO, but don’t have the badge because they are unverified.
- Our personal experiences … when sourcing our ingredients, roughly 1/3 of the ingredients looked at sourcing claimed to be Non-GMO, but actually failed the Non-GMO testing.
- Companies may make up badges to make you think they are verified. These are all made up badges and are not verified.
WE ARE MANUFACTURED IN FDA REGISTERED FACILITIES
WITH SQF CERTIFICATION and HACCP CERTIFICATION
FDA registered facilities
HACCP is a management system in which food safety is addressed through the analysis and control of biological, chemical, and physical hazards from raw material production, procurement and handling, to manufacturing, distribution and consumption of the finished product.
SQF (Safe Quality Food Institute) Certified
SQF is recognized by retailers and foodservice providers around the world who require a rigorous, credible food safety management system.
GLUTEN FREE TESTED
Gluten Free Tested by Silliker Labs
Every time we make a new production batch, we send it out to Silliker Labs for 3rd party gluten free testing.
About Gluten Free Claims
- “Gluten Free” means a product must contain 20 gluten parts per million or less.
- My Nutrition Advisor’s products have never been tested at more than 5 parts per million. That is 4 times better than most Gluten Free claims you see.
One other thing...
No – wheatgrass does not contain gluten. The name makes it confusing and a common misperception is that wheatgrass contains gluten. It does not.
HEAVY METALS TESTED
Heavy Metals Tested by Silliker Labs
Every time we make a new production batch, we send it out to Silliker Labs for 3rd party heavy metals testing.
We currently test for common heavy metals that can be found in organic foods:
SOY AND DAIRY TESTED
Soy and Dairy Free Tested by Silliker Labs
Every time we make a new production batch, we send it out to Silliker Labs for 3rd party soy and milk allergen testing.
OTHER CLAIMS WE MAKE
Keeping ingredients raw helps keep healthy enzymes alive. The dehydrating process of turning a fresh food item into a powder is where many companies use heat to make this process faster. We source Raw ingredients as much as possible.
We do have our products 3rd party tested for dairy. Aside from that – we only use vegan ingredients in or mixes. We do not see a huge benefit in paying a 3rd party to tell you this.
No Sugar Added
We’ll let you add the sweeteners of your choice to your own smoothie. We like using raisins, dates, and fruits in our smoothie recipes as the sweeteners. Our superfood mixes and proteins do not have sugar or artificial sweeteners.
No Fillers Added
It’s all superfoods. We don’t add fillers to our products.