Nutritional Informed Consent
According to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as amended, Section 201 (g) (1), the term “DRUG” is defined to mean: “Articles intended for use in the Diagnosis, Cure, Mitigation, Treatment or Prevention of disease.”
A vitamin is not a drug. Neither is a Superfood, Mineral, Trace Element, Amino Acid, Herb, or Homeopathic Remedy.
Although a Vitamin, superfood, Mineral, Trace Element, Amino Acid, Herb or Homeopathic Remedy may have an effect on any disease process or symptoms, this does not mean that it can be misrepresented, or be classified as a drug by anyone. Therefore, please be advised that any suggested nutritional advice or dietary advice is not intended as a primary treatment and/or therapy for any disease or particular bodily symptom.
Nutritional counseling, vitamin recommendations, nutritional advice, and the adjunctive schedule of nutrition is provided solely to upgrade the quality of foods in the patient’s diet in order to supply good nutrition supporting the physiological and biochemical processes of the human body.
AUTHORIZATION FOR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
We are very concerned with protecting your privacy. While the law requires that you give us this disclosure, please understand that we have, and always will, respect the privacy of your health information.
There are several circumstances in which we may have to use or disclose your health information.
- We may have to disclose your health information to another health care provider or a hospital if it is necessary to refer you to them for the diagnosis, assessment, or treatment of your health condition.
- We may have to disclose your health information and billing records to another party if they are potentially responsible for the payment of your services.
- We may need to use your health information within our practice for quality control or other operational purposes.
- We may have to disclose your health information to Science Based Nutrition™ to obtain test results and reports.
We have a more complete notice that provides a detailed description of how your health information may be used or disclosed. You have the right to review that notice before you sign this consent form (§ 164.520). We reserve the right to change our privacy practices as described in that notice. If we make a change to our privacy practices, we will notify you in writing when you come in for treatment or by mail. Please feel free to call us at any time for a copy for our privacy notices.
I authorized My Nutrition Advisor and/or the Health Care Practioner you selected in this form to contact me with information related to my personal health needs and interests. The physician's office may use any phone number or email in my personal records to contact me. If contact is made by phone and I am unable to respond, a message may be left with my home answering machine or voice mail service. I may be contacted about the following:
- Appointment reminders or schedule changes.
- Information about alternative treatments, presentations or events
- Other health related information that may be of interest to me
To contact me, I authorize My Nutrition Advisor and/or the Healthcare Practitioner selected in this form to use and disclose the following information:
- My Name, Address, Email and Phone Numbers
- The Name of my Physician and the Clinic where I was treated
NOTE: NO DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT INFORMATION WILL BE USED OR DISCLOSED.
My Nutrition Advisor fully supports the protection of health information. Only the physician and office staff will use this information to contact you. While we retain the standard rights of disclosure as provided under HIPAA, this authorization allows us to access only the above authorized information for contact purposes.
This authorization will remain valid for ten (10) years from the date of signature.